House #9: Closing Delayed

August 10, 2009 · 0 comments

We were scheduled to close on The Hat Trick House tomorrow (Tuesday). But, apparently the closing attorney is a stickler for the RESPA regulation that states that the buyer must receive the Good Faith Estimate (GFE) at least five business days before the closing. Since the buyer didn’t get the GFE until last Thursday, we can’t close until this Thursday.

We fully expect this closing to go smoothly, so we have no concerns about the date slipping out a couple days; that said, we’re moving the furniture tomorrow, and can’t wait to officially have this house sold.

In other news, we believe that our counter-offer on The Mini House is about to get accepted. And we have two agents who are telling us that they are getting ready to submit offers on The Red Garage House sometime in the next 24 hours. At this point, I never believe we’re getting an offer until I see it on the fax machine, so I’m not getting my hopes up.

But, if we do get both these houses under contract this week, we’ll officially be out of houses to sell.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *