It’s been a busy week, both work-wise and personally…I have a good friend in town, a couple doctor appointments for the baby, and lots going on with all the houses, so I haven’t been able to blog as much as I would have liked…
That said, here’s a quick update on all the properties:
The Corn House is still under contract for a Lease Purchase, and we’re in the middle of the due diligence period. Assuming no surprises, we’ll clear the due diligence period next Thursday. Not much more to say about this one at least until then.
The Second Chance House still hasn’t closed. The buyers are still waiting for their check from the Department of Transportation, and we’re hopeful they’ll have it by early next week. Right now, we’re scheduled to close on Wednesday, but I’m not confident. Again, not much more to say about this one until closing.
Rehab on The DIY House is almost complete. We could have put it on the market this weekend — and had planned to — but we don’t yet have furniture to complete the staging. While we’d normally go out and buy new stuff as needed, both The Corn House and The Second Chance House will likely have their furniture removed next week, so we’re just waiting for that furniture before we stage.
The Red Garage House rehab is going great. We’ve finished the exterior work, the flooring, the hardwood refinishing, the paint, and much of the fixture replacement. We still have to replace a window (special order, and won’t be in for another 2 weeks), install the appliances, refinish the countertops, and replace the garage door. Hopefully that will all be completed next week, and we’ll be able to start moving in furniture before next weekend.
No update on The Roach Duplex. It’s on the MLS, and we’re getting several calls a day from investors who want to look at it, but no bites yet.
We’ve started putting together our Scope of Work and budget for this one, and have had a couple contractors out to give us bids on the work. We’ll have much more to say about this one next week.