House #5: Contract Stalled

March 26, 2009 · 1 comment

I mentioned the offer we received on The DIY House the other day…unfortunately, after several rounds of negotiation, we still haven’t finalized a contract…

Personally, I think the issue boils down to the fact that the buyer is getting cold feet. We’ve made what we believe are some very large concessions, and have even spoken with the buyer directly to alleviate some of her concerns, but she keeps finding reasons to put off signing the final contract.

We feel we’ve made the best effort we can to help her overcome her concerns, but if the buyer is going to flake on us, we’d rather know now (and not even sign a contract) than to find out several weeks after the contract is signed…

So, today we submitted our final counter-offer, which essentially meets all of the buyers requests plus a couple of our own, and she has until 5pm on Thursday to sign it — or not. I’m fairly certain this deal isn’t going to happen, but we’ll know for sure on Thursday.

We’ve gotten a lot of interest in this property over the past week and a half, so I’m not really concerned about being able to sell it…it’s just a matter of finding the right buyer…

One response to “House #5: Contract Stalled”

  1. Ingrid says:

    Bummer. Maybe the other buyers will come through with an offer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up for our Newsletter and get immediate access to our FREE 150+ Page eBook on New Construction, plus all of our business tools: Single-Family and Multi-Family Business Plans, Rehabbing and Buy-and-Hold Spreadsheets, Contract Templates, and more!
We respect your privacy. No Spam...EVER!