House #38: Budget Recap

January 14, 2013 · 2 comments

The Rot House is scheduled to sell this week, and before we conclude this project, I wanted to provide some final numbers on the budget.

This project went smoothly, and we came in a good bit under our preliminary budget estimate of $50,000. The bulk of the savings came from the termite damage and wood rot not being as extensive as we suspected it might be. Once the old siding came off, we realized that the framing was in good condition, and we saved a lot of money on exterior repairs.

Here are the final budget numbers as compared to the original estimate:

Total Final Budget

Hopefully I can post final numbers for the project in a couple days…

2 responses to “House #38: Budget Recap”

  1. Rideout says:

    What program are you guys using to analyze your deal and to do rehab estimates?

  2. J Scott says:

    Hey Rideout,

    I have a bunch of formulas, estimating techniques and spreadsheets that I use to analyze my deals and create estimates. I’ve been asked this question so many times over the years, that I’ve actually written a book on estimate rehab costs. I finished it up last week and will be releasing it in about two weeks…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up for our Newsletter and get immediate access to our FREE 150+ Page eBook on New Construction, plus all of our business tools: Single-Family and Multi-Family Business Plans, Rehabbing and Buy-and-Hold Spreadsheets, Contract Templates, and more!
We respect your privacy. No Spam...EVER!