We finally got our permits for The WI-1 House, and demo is underway…
We were supposed to have permits about a week ago, but the permit office dropped the ball and didn’t start working on the plan review until about 10 days after we submitted the application, at which point they said it could be another 14 days before the permits were released. Finally, last Friday, the inspector said he was ready to release the permits…but never did. As for yesterday afternoon, we still didn’t have permits and our contractors were getting antsy.
My plane landed in Milwaukee at 4:00pm yesterday, and I rushed over to the permit office before they closed to chat with the inspector; when I got there, I found out the permits had been issued just 10 minutes earlier. So, we were able to get working this morning.
We started demo today, both interior and exterior. Here are some pictures:
We expect the new roof to go on tomorrow and the new siding, trim and gutters to get done over the next two weeks. On the interior, we’ll finish demo this week, and next week start on the structural work, framing, rough plumbing, rough electrical and rough HVAC.