We completed the rehab on The Rookie House last Friday (see AFTER REHAB pictures here)…
The house has been under contract with a buyer for a few weeks now, so that will save us the time and effort of having to staging, list and market the property — always a nice thing!
The buyer actually had their inspection over the weekend, and it went better than pretty much any inspection we’ve ever had (one of the benefits of starting with a house that was torn down to the studs is that everything was new and we didn’t have to deal with poor quality work from previous builders/contractors). Among the minor issues that came up were a window that didn’t open/close smoothly, a loose piece of weatherstripping, and an air vent that wasn’t getting good airflow.
The inspector was the same one that did our last two houses (all three were the same buyer’s agent), and he was literally struggling trying to find issues so that he didn’t look bad to his clients. 🙂
All-in-all, the repairs should take no more than a couple hours and shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars…I’ll post more on the final budget numbers in the next few days, and hopefully we’ll be closing on this one early next month.