Here’s an update on our progress, with some pictures:
- All demo has been completed.
- We’ve torn out the plywood “faux foundation” that the previous owners installed and will be installing some nice lattice to cover the opening:
- We’ve finished all the new framing, including framing out the wall where the french door was, framing in the old kitchen window that’s going away, cutting/framing out the new kitchen window that will be installed just a few feet from where the old one was and building the half-wall where the bar-top will be installed:
- The old plumbing supply lines have been removed and the house has been re-piped. The new shower/tub has been installed in the jack-and-jill bath that was gutted by the previous owner:
- The deck is being overhauled. While the main framing will stay, we are pouring several new footers, replacing all the decking boards, replacing the steps and replacing all the handrails:
- With the help of our designer we’ve started to decide how we will redesign the structural components of the living room, including the ugly built-in shelves and the post/header running through the middle of the room: