We’re already a little behind schedule on The Second Chance House, but we’re making steady progress. Inside, all the rough plumbing, HVAC, and electrical is complete, along with all the new framing that needed to completed for the floorplan redesign. Last week, we pass all rough inspections and our framing inspection, and this week we’ll get moving on the dry-walling, painting, and new floors.
And, as of yesterday, we completed much of the exterior of the house as well. Landscapers came in for two full days. In that time, they cut down two dead trees, tore out the cracked concrete back porch, regraded the areas around the house, cut away all the weeds, filled a depression in the back yard with 10 tons of fill dirt, and used mulch in all the areas where grass wouldn’t grow to create pathways and landscape designs. Additionally, we brought in 18 tons of crush ‘n run, and created a secondary parking area along the driveway. Of all the contractors I’ve found to date, my landscaper is the best find so far; in addition to be tremendously well-priced, they are extremely reliable and hard-working.
The painters also worked this weekend, and finished the exterior painting. As usual, the transformation was amazing. We stuck with our typical color scheme: a neutral beige for the siding, off-white trim, and black shutters. And this time we accented with a black door that looks great.
Here are before and after shots of the exterior (the difference from the picture doesn’t really do justice to high nice it looks in person):