House #25: Officially Ours

August 26, 2011 · 0 comments

I posted the other day about the difficulties we’re having getting The Drought House purchased, and after two long days of making endless phone calls and bothering people, we finally got some traction and were able to get the property closed…

In the end, the closing attorney could never get in contact with anyone at the HOA, so we agreed to take responsibility for any back HOA fees owed. Since the HOA is only $100 per year, I can’t imagine it should cost us too much, though we are taking a small risk by doing this.

Unfortunately, we didn’t expect to get this one closed for a few more days, so our contractors are unavailable until mid-next-week, but hopefully we can still get this one finished within about two weeks, and get it on the market the weekend of September 10/11.

More updates to come once we start renovations…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *