After completing all the demo, rough plumbing, rough electrical and inspections during week one, we’ve spent week two doing mold remediation, installing insulation, and hanging/finishing drywall. The mold remediation was a small surprise and pushed us back a couple days, but we made up a day on the drywall, and now we’re only a day behind schedule (which we should be able to make up in week three).
In terms of budget, the mold remediation went over budget by about $1000, but we did a great job of negotiating our materials for this project, and came in about $1500 under budget on those.
As for how the house looks, the drywall crew did a fantastic job — three teams over four days hung 120 sheets of drywall, taped, mudded and sanded — and the arches in the main living areas really stand out. We expect to start hanging doors and painting over the next couple days.
It was a little dark when I stopped by the house this evening to check on progress, but I got a few pictures…here you go: