We closed on The Flood House on Tuesday, after a week of frustration dealing with the bank/seller and their closing attorneys…
On the bright side, the extra week gave us an opportunity to get all of our contractors scheduled and ready to go. As per our project schedule, as soon as we closed, our GC, plumber and electrician immediately went to work getting permits, our demo crew started pulling down the ugly screened-in porch on the back of the house, and we got our dumpster delivered.
By Wednesday morning, demo of the shed (and remaining interior demo) was completed and the plumber and electrician were off working on their rough-in work. The electrician basically had to replace all outlet/switch boxes, all outlets and switches, the circuit box, the main electrical disconnect and fix some wiring around the house. The plumber needed to snake the main drains to clear debris from when the house was demo’ed last year, replace all supply lines, replace all tub/shower valves, replace the washing machine box, and fix some rough plumbing around the house.
The guys flew through the work, and by end-of-day on Wednesday, all electrical and plumbing rough-in work was completed! The only remaining task before getting our rough inspection is to have our HVAC company pull permits and replace a bunch of duct-work; hopefully this will be finished today or tomorrow, and we can schedule our rough inspection for Monday morning.
At this point, the only major concern for inspection is that the electrician doesn’t have a new meter box in stock, so he had to order one and it won’t be in for a week or two. We’re hoping that the inspector will allow us to pass rough inspection without the new meter box, but I guess we’ll see.
Over the weekend, we plan to do our mold testing (we need a clear mold test to get our Certificate of Occupancy at the end of the project) and finish our exterior repair work.
So, as of today, we’re on-schedule — or perhaps even a couple days ahead…