Part of our conditions for receiving a Certificate of Occupancy from the County when the rehab is complete is getting a letter from a mold testing company indicating that there is no mold in the house. Last week, the testing company came out to take samples; unfortunately, before they came out, one of the employees of the company gave us bad advice about how to prepare for the test, and the results came back inconclusive. They acknowledged it was their fault, and offered to retest for free, but were not able to get back out until Sunday afternoon.
We just received the results today, and it turns out that we have very low levels of mold in a couple areas of the house. Nothing too terrible, but the testing company suggested some minor steps we’d need to take to remediate the issue and ensure that the mold didn’t come back; unfortunately, given the few days we lost waiting for the test results, and the couple days it will take to have our mold remediation company do the work, we’re now a couple days behind schedule.
Our mold remediation company will be out tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to spray the studs with an anti-microbial that will kill the remaining mold spores, and then will come out again on Wednesday to spray a sealer on all the studs. This should ultimately ensure that there are no further mold issues with the house.
Assuming they complete their work on Wednesday, we’ll have the mold testing company take samples on Thursday morning, have our sheetrock guys install the insulation on Thursday afternoon, and then have the inspector back on Friday morning to sign off on the insulation — the last thing we need before we can start sheet-rocking the house.
Assuming all that goes as planned, sheet-rocking can start Friday, and assuming the guys work at least part of the weekend, we should finish the sheet-rock by next Tuesday. Technically, that’s still on-schedule, as we closed last Tuesday and I wanted to have the sheet-rock down by the end of week two…but given our progress last week, I was hoping to keep ahead of schedule in case we needed the extra days later in the project.