After about seven weeks, we’ve completed rehab on The Poor House…
In terms of sheer transformation, this house may be our best work yet. The entire exterior was renovated (new roof, new siding, new trim, new front deck, new back deck, trees cut down, etc), and the interior went through some major work as well (mold remediation, waterproofing, finishing the basement, plus an entire cosmetic renovation).
The re-siding and re-trim of the exterior took about 5 weeks, which is absolutely ludicrous. While we did have a lot of bad weather, it boiled down to the fact that the GC we brought in to do the entire exterior just didn’t have enough guys working on the project. This house should have been done three weeks ago, and while it’s not that big of a deal from a budget or schedule standpoint, I hate that we spent nearly twice as long on this project as necessary.
Regardless, the results are fantastic…here are the BEFORE pictures of the house and the AFTER pictures (including our staging):