I mentioned in a previous post that The Bulge House had an upcoming tenant, and that the tenant was a member of my family. The rest of the story is that my brother will be moving down to Atlanta from Baltimore (with his girlfriend), will be renting The Bulge House, and will be consulting for our company. Because he has several years experience in the mortgage industry, he’ll be focusing on providing us processes and systems around finding buyers and helping them through the challenging maze of financing that most buyers are experiencing these days. He’ll also be designing marketing programs around finding qualified buyers.
They’re making the trip this weekend, so we have about three more days to get The Bulge House in rental shape. Today, we had the landscaper do his thing, get the appliances delivered, and got all the fixtures, lights, fans, and bathroom/kitchen hardware replaced. Tomorrow, we have a pest inspector and a plumber coming out, Thursday is the cleaning crew, and Friday is the carpet cleaner. That leaves Saturday for us to do a bit of decorating and personalizing (my wife wouldn’t have it any other way).
We did hit our first rehab snag today… When the appliances were delivered, we realized that there were a few things that still needed to be taken care of. The refrigerator doesn’t have an ice-maker, so we need to cut and cap the plumbing line that is currently there (there’s no shut-off valve for this line); the new stove is electric, but the old stove was gas, and the existing gas line is in the way of the new installation, so that that needs to be cut and capped as well; and the plumbing for the washer isn’t available where it needs to be, so additional pipes and a drain need to be run for that. Our GC will be coming back tomorrow for another day to take care of this stuff, but unfortunately, that means a couple hundred dollars over budget and another day lost on The Corn House, where our GC has been working.
Time to find something to negotiate to hopefully keep us on budget!